We are always looking for candidates for the following:
Electrical Test Technician
Immediately hiring for an Electrical Test Technician. This position is perfect for the person who likes to troubleshoot, can take direction, is mechanically inclined, and is interested in a long-term career with advancement opportunities.
Compensation is based upon experience. We are willing to train the right individual.
Responsibilities and Duties that you will be trained to complete (including, but not limited to):
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low and medium voltage electrical systems.
- Low, Medium and/ or High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing.
- Perform inspection, maintenance, testing and repair of transformers, circuit breakers and all related equipment – dry type and/or oil filled.
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers – low voltage 480 volt (molded case and insulated case) medium voltage up to 15 KV (air-magnetic and vacuum).
- Perform electrical PPE (personal protective equipment) testing.
- Electrical diagnostic equipment calibration.
- Test and inspect low and medium voltage cable installations.
- Perform start-up, troubleshooting and repair services on controls and transfer schemes.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Field Engineer.
Skills & Expertise Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, MSHA and NFPA
- NICET or NETA Certification
- Electrical experience (1-2 years preferred) – Willing to train the right candidate!
- Testing & Maintenance Experience with the following, or similar equipment: MCC’s, Breakers, transformers, protective relays (protection & control), infrared scanning, start-up on switchgear.
- Proficient in reading and accurately interpreting power system wiring diagrams including DC elementary drawings.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Solid theoretical understanding of electricity and a good aptitude for problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible with good judgment and organizational skills.
- Good customer service, time management and follow-up skills.
- Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office as well as efficient use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays along with the availability to work out of town as needed.
- Military experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license with the ability to be insured
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must pass random drug tests
Ability to climb ladders, lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds of test equipment, crawl, climb, stand for long periods of time while working in non-ideal conditions.
Full-Time (Monday – Friday with occasional weekend and holiday work)
DOE: $43,680 to $52,000
Office – Meridian, ID
50% of time. We service the Northwest Area to include Montana, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, California, and Wyoming.
LV/ MV/ Electrical equipment, engineering, and field services.
Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits after probationary period: Dental, Vision, Disability, and Medical health benefit plans along with 401K, PTO and paid holidays. Travel and phone reimbursement are also available to those employees who are eligible.
If you think you’d be a good candidate for one of our positions please fill out the form below and attach a 1 Page resume